International Trade Agencies and Consulting
Who are the actors of International Trade. A focus on International Trade Agencies, Foreign Trade Agencies and Global Trade Organizations.
- Their Role and Organization
- The list of agencies in France, in the world and globally
- Statistics and Data sites Countries/Exchanges
The Private Consulting or Advisory for International trade or global expansion help companies to expand their business on foreign market. They provide advice on building and executing the international development strategy. They have expertise on geography and or industry sectors
Terms and Definitions
2 categories of agencies coexist: The global agencies and the governmental agencies.
Governmental international trade agencies are also called foreign trade agencies. They are national or regional agencies.
Objectives of International Trade Agencies
Global agencies promote international commerce, trade and economic development. In some cases, they have a regulatory role.
Roles and Activities of governmental export and trade agencies
The mandate of the agency is mainly to develop the exports of their companies of origin towards foreign markets. Second, they develop export-supported jobs in the country of origin.
Government trade agencies are a little known, but incredibly valuable, resource for entering new markets. Many trade agencies provide free or subsidized support to Partners in their country. The agency mandate is to primarily grow exports of their home companies to foreign markets, and secondarily grow export-backed jobs in the home country. Most often these agencies have branches or offices in many foreign countries.Combined with Promotion Services, they promote foreign investment on national soil or the development of activities such as tourism.
Scope of Services
Here are some of the areas where trade agencies can assist you
- Introducing key industry professionals, prospective buyers, and business partners in the target geography.
- Facilitating regional trade “missions” to learn more about a given market.
- Assisting with marketing campaigns.
- Hosting marketing events at a government venue. This may include the presence of an ambassador or local official.
- Procuring invitations to trade dinners and other networking events.
- Sharing of market reports, industry surveys
- Advising on best practices and approaches to individual markets.
- Locating market acceleration funds.
- Generating leads and other business development services, including telephone or LinkedIn campaigns.
Trade agencies can help Partners jump start the relationship building process. This kind of support will only be effective if the Partner has done the necessary market entry planning and validation. Partners should be regularly engaged with their trade agency counterparts for greatest benefit.
Trade agencies can help companies start a matchmaking process. This type of assistance will only be effective if the company has defined its international business development strategy and its target market.
International Trade Agencies in the World
The major global economic and trade institutions come from different organizations:
- World Trade Organization, WTO or WTO World Trade Organization
- International Monetary Fund IMF provides in particular macro economic and financial information
- OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development)
- United Nations (UN or UNO, United Nation Organization)
These institutions provide economic data, studies and research on the country’s situation. They promote global trade.
Access to the databases of these agencies is indicated at the bottom of the article.
List of International Trade Agencies in Europe and USA
List of International Trade Agencies in Asia and the Pacific
- Australian Trade Commission (Austrade) Australia
- China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) China
- Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) Chinese Taipei
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) Hong Kong
- India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO) India
- National Agency for Export Development (NAFED) Indonesia
- Korea Trade Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) Korea
- Korea International Trade Association
- Trade and Industry Department, Hong Kong
- Macao Trade and Investment Promotion Institute (IPIM) Macau
- Malaysia Ext ernal Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) Malaysia
- Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) Nepal
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise (NZTE) New Zealand
- Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) Philippines
- International Enterprises Singapore (IE Singapore) Singapore
- Sri Lanka Export Development Board (SLEDB) Sri Lanka
- Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (VIETRADE) Vietnam
- JETRO Japan
List of International Trade Agencies in the rest of the world
- Israel Export Institute Israel
- Russia Export Center Russia
- Trade commissioner Service Canada
- International Trade Administration Commission South Africa
International Trade statistics and data
Many sites provide international trade data and statistics on countries
- Statistics from the International Trade Administration (ITA) in the United States
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- European Union (EU) statistics
- OECD trade and economic statistics (OECD)
- Fund (IMF)
- MonetaryUN Data and Statistics
International Trade Agencies in France
A governmental organization brings together international trade and export promotion activities. It’s Business France.
For the investment part, Invest in France is responsible for attracting foreign companies. The program is known as Choose France.
Business France is the French agency for international business development. It coordinates actions to promote and develop the presence of French companies abroad. It is the main operator of the French export presence. Its role is to facilitate local contacts and the establishment abroad of French companies. It is present worldwide in 100 countries. Its offices are placed under the authority of the French Ambassadors, like the economic services of the embassies. Recently the activities of Business France were grouped together with those of other players under the name Team France Export.
Team France Export
Team France Export brings together all the public solutions offered by the Regions, Ministries, Business France, Chambers of Commerce and Industry and Bpifrance (Investment Public Bank) to support French companies internationally.
Foreign Trade Advisors France
France’s Foreign Trade Advisors (CCE) are at the service of France’s development. The 4,500 advisers work on a voluntary basis. They are committed in France and abroad in 150 countries. Their role is to promote and support the internationalization of French companies.
CCI France International
The network of Chambers of Commerce France International (CCI France International)
A network of chambers of commerce with more than 30,000 member companies through more than 120 CCIs in nearly 100 countries. The gateway the kiosk issues reports, articles and country profiles.
Private International Trade or Global Expansion Consulting
Ipanovia and its team of consultants will support you in your Business development projects.
If you wish to speak with our experts, do not hesitate to contact us.
Emmanuel Facovi – Managing Partner