International Business Development
You wish to set up your international business strategy.
How to scale your business globally , is it essential for your company ?
You wonder if you shall expand your business internationally ?
A Global Business Development beyond your domestic market requires expertise that can be provided by an International consulting agency.
Why, Where, How, When, and with Whom. This is a question about growing or sustaining your business.
The Global expansion strategy
Expanding your business abroad is obvious. In our globalized and digitized economy, it is risky to stay tuned on your domestic market . Emerging competitors and technologies arise from every corner of the world. For the least, it is a must to consider the option of going global. We help you to evaluate the opportunities, pitfalls and risks.
The Drivers of Internationalization
Proactive or Reactive Motivations
Markets offer you additional potential for growth and acceleration to become a global player.
Prioritize the motivations:
- Revenue Growth
- Profitability Increase
- Competitive Pressure and defensive strategy
- Market Gap identification
- Geographical coverage requirements
- Market trends evolution
- and many more..
The culture of risk also plays a preponderant role in the process of international plans
Diagnosis Global Business Development
Above all, it is important to carry out an internal audit. What is the level of readiness of your organizations and solutions ?
Our regular methodologies
- Company SWOT
- McKinsey ‘s 7S method (Shares Values, Strategy, Structure, Skills, Staff, Style, Systems)
- CORE assessments from the University of Michigan
- Export readiness diagnosis
- IBAM (International Business Assessment Model)
we have adapted theses processes to start-up, scale-up, SaaS and service companies
Check-up of the preparation for internationalization
- Motivation of the management team
- Commitment of the managerial teams
- Multiculturalism: – Bilinguals – Foreign professional/educational backgrounds
- Foreign market experience: Competitor / Sector / Profession / Adjacent – Consulting / Publisher / Integrator / Agency
- Linguistic skills: Spoken languages / Written languages / Level-certificate
- Level of seniority of candidates
- Senior Management: Expatriation experience or willingness
- Individual ambitions vs International careers
- Positioning / Image / reputation
- Bilingualism of the name
- International events / PR / foreign
- Multilingual Website / referencing ents (owler, Captera, G2, Forrester, Gartner…)
- Check SEA/SEO portals Google .uk.de.it….
- CRM / ERP (Client / Admin / HR Management)
- Financial Resources or sources of financing for M&A
- Company incorporation
- Identification of Partners / Cloud / Networks / Com tools /
- Domain names
Global Business Development Strategy check list
Here a list of questions you may yourself before starting engaging foreign markets:
- Is my business having potentials outside of the domestic market ?
- I received interests or inquiries from contacts, reps, intermediaries, consumers or companies abroad ? How to deal with it ?
- Need more technologies or inspiration from other foreign players ? Where can I get them ?
- More funding required to step up ? Will I get more elsewhere ?
- Then, are my ambitions to grow my business on a global scale legitimate ?
- I am searching for partners on Technology, Marketing, or Sales . Who can help ?
- The risks and benefits?
- What country/market choosing ?
- How much sales can I expect?
- What resources and funding are necessary ?
- Go to Market channels , what is the most appropriate?
- What about my business continuity?
- How to expand steadily?
- What people to work with? How to find a country manager?
- Market entry , who are the influencers and decision-makers?
- Still want how to expand Business internationally ?
- How long will it take to payback ?
- Local tax and financial regulations?
- What are the legal constraints ?
- How shall I build my local operations?
Check the solutions with experienced professionals.
Take inspiration with some of the best success stories with Born Global companies or with some of the Start-up Nation players
Ipanovia will help to design and implement your international Business Strategy
Get in touch with our Team of Geography and Sectors Experts