International Business Development
You wish to set up your international business strategy.
How to scale your business globally , is it essential for your company ?
You wonder if you should expand your business internationally ?
A Global Business Development beyond your domestic market requires expertise that can be provided by an International consulting agency.
Why, Where, How, When, and with Whom. This is a question about growing or sustaining your business.
The Global expansion strategy
Expanding your business abroad is obvious. In our globalized and digitized economy, it is risky to stay tuned on your domestic market . Emerging competitors and technologies arise from every corner of the world. For the least, it is a must to consider the option of going global. We help you to evaluate the opportunities, pitfalls and risks.
The Drivers of Internationalization
Proactive or Reactive Motivations
Markets offer you additional potential for growth and acceleration to become a global player.
Prioritize the motivations:
- Revenue Growth
- Profitability Increase
- Competitive pressure and defensive strategy
- Market Gap identification
- Geographical coverage requirements
- Market trends evolution
- And many more.
The culture of risk also plays a preponderant role in the process of international plans
Diagnosis Global Business Development
Above all, it is important to carry out an internal audit. What is the level of readiness of your organizations and solutions ?
Our regular methodologies
- Company SWOT
- McKinsey’s 7S method (Shares Values, Strategy, Structure, Skills, Staff, Style, Systems)
- CORE assessments from the University of Michigan
- Export readiness diagnosis
- IBAM (International Business Assessment Model)
We have adapted these processes to start-up, scale-up, SaaS and service companies
Check-up of the preparation for internationalization
- Motivation of the management team
- Commitment of the managerial teams
- Multiculturalism: – Bilinguals – Foreign professional/educational backgrounds
- Foreign market experience: Competitor / Sector / Profession / Adjacent – Consulting / Publisher / Integrator / Agency
- Linguistic skills: Spoken languages / Written languages / Level-certificate
- Level of seniority of candidates
- Senior Management: Expatriation experience or willingness
- Individual ambitions vs International careers
- Positioning / Image / reputation
- Bilingualism of the name
- International events / PR / foreign
- Multilingual Website / referencing ents (owler, Captera, G2, Forrester, Gartner…)
- Check SEA/SEO portals Google .uk.de.it….
- CRM / ERP (Client / Admin / HR Management)
- Financial Resources or sources of financing for M&A
- Company incorporation
- Identification of Partners / Cloud / Networks / Com tools /
- Domain names
Global Business Development Strategy check list
Here is a list of questions you may ask yourself before starting engaging foreign markets:
- Does my business have potential outside the domestic market ?
- I received interest or inquiries from contacts, reps, intermediaries, consumers or companies abroad ? How to deal with it ?
- Need more technology or inspiration from other foreign players ? Where can I get them ?
- More funding required to step up ? Will I get more elsewhere ?
- Then, are my ambitions to grow my business on a global scale legitimate ?
- I am searching for partners in Technology, Marketing, or Sales . Who can help ?
- The risks and benefits?
- What country/market to choose from ?
- How many sales can I expect?
- What resources and funding are necessary ?
- Go to market channels. Which is the most appropriate?
- What about my business continuity?
- How to expand steadily?
- What people to work with? How to find a country manager?
- Market entry , who are the influencers and decision-makers?
- Still want to expand business internationally ?
- How long will it take to get payback ?
- Local tax and financial regulations?
- What are the legal constraints ?
- How shall I build my local operations?
Check the solutions with experienced professionals.
Ipanovia will help to design and implement your international Business Strategy.
Get in touch with our Team of Geography and Sectors Experts
About Emmanuel Facovi the Founder and Managing Partner
As former CEO / senior executive (Nokia, Coface, FCI, Kompass, Schneider, Areva…) his expertise consists in leading tech companies (SaaS, marketplaces, Techs) with ambitious growth objectives in fast-changing environments.
He is a cross-cultural high technology executive passionate about new technology, innovation, disruptive models, and above all, scaling up your business globally. One of the most renowned Experts in Data, Marketing Strategies of Tech and Digital Industries,
As an« all-rounder» entrepreneur with a proven track record of building high-performing teams, he has a wide skill set ranging from Strategy and International Sales performance, also encompassing Finance, Marketing/advertising and legal/HR/culture.
He is an enthusiastic leader, keen on making sure that the office develops every day into an even “Greater Place to work”, gathering professionals of diverse talents who succeed together with a common vision in mind.